Have you ever wondered what sort of planning you can do to prepare yourself for the dangers, hazards, and risks that can come to you and your smile as you enter the teen years? Fortunately, there are plans you can take to lower your risk of an oral emergency or potential dental damage.
Book a better smile with better oral health habits. The benefits of a great smile during your teen years include:
– Smoking is a serious problem that often first comes about during the teen years. Smoking should be ducked as it can lead to severe tooth discoloration, gum disease, and oral cancer.
– The use of drugs can have overwhelming consequences on the health of a teen, including their oral health.
– As a teen, one of the most common oral accidents arises due to participating in contact sports while not wearing the appropriate protective gear.
– As a teen, the wisdom teeth grow in, which frequently results in decay, infection, and malocclusions when they are growing in.
– Various health risks connected to mouth jewelry, a popular teen habit, include infections, disease, chipped and fractured teeth, and serious choking hazards.
If you think your oral health care could use a little extra work and would like to have a professional exam from our team at Abbas Nejad DDS, simply book an appointment with Dr. Abbas Nejad and the rest of our team at our dentist office in Phoenix, Arizona, by calling us at 623-872-8686. We look forward to helping you soon!