Teeth whitening is one of the most straightforward and convenient cosmetic dental procedures that produce a significant positive effect on the aesthetics of your smile. One such procedure is Zoom, a state-of-the-art teeth whitening system that uses a highly potent whitening gel to produce impressive results.
How Do Our Teeth Stain?
These are some of the common causes why teeth get discolored:
- Excessive consumption of colored foods
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Chewing tobacco
- Smoking cigarettes
- Frequent snacking
- Consuming a lot of beverages, such as aerated drinks, tea, coffee, red wine, etc.
- Side-effects of certain medications
- Root canal infection
How Is Zoom Teeth Whitening Carried Out?
The dentist will initially do a thorough screening process of your oral condition and then determine whether or not you are suitable for Zoom whitening. Some of the factors that we consider before deciding this are the presence of cavities and gum disease, existing dental restorations, receding gum line, hypersensitivity of the teeth, etc. If you are suitable based on these aspects, we will prepare you for the treatment.
The teeth will be cleaned thoroughly to remove any adhered food particles and microbial deposits. Further, a rubber dam will be placed on the teeth to protect the gums from the whitening gel, as it can have adverse effects on the soft tissues. The dentist will apply the whitening gel to the teeth and spread it uniformly. The whitening gel used by the Zoom system is a light-activated product. It produces a foam that is composed mostly of oxygen molecules when activated, which enter the porous structure of the enamel and bleach the staining particles.
Once the procedure is complete, we will rinse the gel and repeat the process. The entire whitening procedure can be completed in around an hour, making it one of the quickest and most efficient cosmetic dental processes.
What Are the Advantages of Zoom Whitening?
- Zoom whitening can be completed in a short time.
- The results produced by the process are excellent and long-lasting.
- Some of the most severe stains on the teeth’s surface can be removed using Zoom, which may not be possible with the conventional methods.
- The increase in teeth sensitivity is minimal after the Zoom procedure is completed.
We invite you to schedule a consultation with our team of dental experts at Armitage Dental to get all your oral concerns addressed at the earliest. Please call us at (623) 872-8686 or reach out through online consultation, and we’ll be happy to help.